something completely different
updated 12.11.2003 15:50:49 by firstname.lastname@example.org
Lingua::Wordnet Editor is a web-based editor to add / delete / change synsets in WordNet (2.0)
You will need the following Perl modules:
* Lingua::Wordnet (of course!)
* Lingua::Ispell (a spelling algorithm is included in the search)
* Lingua::Stem (stemming is also done in the search algorithm)
* CGI (it's an web-app, isn't it?)
You can get them all from your nearest CPAN Mirror (http://cpan.org/SITES.html).
Or you may use "perl -MCPAN -e shell" or "cpan".
Your will of course also need 'ispell'.
You may either use [ test ;-) ] the inlucdes install.pl or copy the script
and the images and css to your webservers ScriptAlias / DocumentRoot and
set some configuration parameters in the script.
1) Using install.pl
* start 'perl ./install.pl" from this directory and follow the steps.
2) Installing manually
* Copy ./cgi-bin/wneditor.pl somewhere to your script-alias (/cgi-bin/)
[As for now it is not recommended to use wneditor with mod_perl]
* Copy -r ./html/* to some directory under your DocumentRoot
* Edit wneditor.pl (the copy in your cgi-bin directory!) and change the
configuration according to your settings.
my %conf = (
"wndir" => "/tmp/lwn", # full path to your Lingua::Wordnet database
"webdir" => "/wneditor/", # base-url of your css and images
"iconwidth" => "16", # width and height of your icons
"iconheight" => "16",
"ispell" => "/usr/bin/ispell", # path to your ispell binary
* Point your web-browser to the wneditor.pl script.
Markus 'Koppi' Koppenberger <email@example.com>
You can download an unofficial version of Lingua::Wordnet, which includes some changes for WordNet 2.0 and which also includes the wneditor script and images, ...
Lingua-Wordnet-0.73-3.tar.gz (49 k)
This is NOT the official version of Lingua::Wordnet and things may change in near future! Hopefully the changes for WordNet 2.0 and the WordNet Editor will be included in the next version.